If you want to travel back in time to a previous destination, a trip in an old town would do. Old Havana in Cuba is an amazing place, consisting of several ancient infrastructure. The city of Havana was originated during 1519, along with the prosperity of the Galleon trade. The city is located near the bay, so that the treasures of Spanish galleons were taken continuously in the country. Because of this, the city prospered and many facilities were built in baroque and neoclassic style. These structures have been, kept making a tour of Old Havana to the ancient world.
Old Havana is famous for its ancient forts, churches and buildings that are:
* There are four ancient fortresses remain valid today. These are the Castillo de los Tres Reyes del Morro, La Cabaña, San Salvador de la Punta and the Castillo de la Real Fuerza. The Shack is the most famous especially for its magnificent structure.
* There are two historic churches that are popular among tourists, the Cathedral of San Cristobal and San Francisco de la Habana Basilica. The two churches were built between the ages 17 and 18 in the Baroque style of architecture.
* The Plaza de Armas is an open space or plaza originally built for military ceremonies. At present, this is where tourists stay for a comprehensive picture of the old city.
* The Great Theater of Havana, also known as the Gran Teatro de La Habana, is well known for the actions of the National Opera and Ballet Nacional de Cuba.
* The Museum of the Revolution is famous for its objects in the rich history of Havana.
Havana Vieja was inscribed on the World Heritage List of UNESCO in 1982 due to the preservation of the city of the ancient structures. Tour buses are available for tourists to take a look at all the old buildings of the city. Several companies offer concerts around travel from one place to another place that is convenient to explore the city alone. Appreciate the history and take a trip through time as the holidays in La Habana Vieja.